View Full Sized Article
Click here for FAQs about Workflow
Prior to creating a Workflow from scratch, we recommend setting up a meeting with your Blitz Account Manager. Your Account Manager can discuss your current process, how that can translate into a Workflow, and best practices or recommendations based on what most customers do for that scenario.
Steps to creating a custom Workflow
- Write down your current process for following up with a specific group of contacts. This includes your timeline for following up, and what you do each time you follow up (which can even include a reminder to perform an internal task, like sending a mailer or updating something in one of your systems).
- Filters are what the workflow is looking for. Who are these contacts, and how can you filter to find them in Blitz? What the workflow is looking for. Below are the available filters:
Multiple folders, such as lead providers, events, and web leads, can be applied to a workflow.
Not in Folder Exclude workflow actions from triggering on specific folders, further defining the target audience. Has Contract Date Workflow will detect if the contract date box on the lead log detail page is populated Lead Assigned Workflow can select leads assigned and is utilized in most workflow requests. Lead Milestone Workflow can select one or more milestones out of the account. Note: a milestone must already be created before requesting the workflow. Lead Source Workflow can select one or more lead sources out of the account. Note: a lead source must already be created before requesting the workflow. Lead Status Workflow can select multiple statuses out of the account. Lead Type Running workflows can be specific to lead types such as list leads, manually added, web lead providers, and web forms. State Workflow can filter by state. Tag Workflow can select multiple existing tags out of the account. Zip Code
Zip codes can be utilized to filter workflow.
- Triggers determine what time the action will take place. When and why are you following up? Is it a new lead? Did you just quote them? Is their x-date approaching? We need to know what will trigger the Workflow to start, and which days you will be following up. Below are the available triggers:
Age of Lead Workflow counts the age since the lead was created. This can never restart Contract date Workflow detects the contract date and field on the Lead Log Contract date passed Workflow checks to see if the contract date has passed. Time since Milestone reached If using a milestone triggered workflow, the system will trigger after a certain amount of days a lead has been categorized as a specific milestone. Time since Status met An increment of time since the status was updated on the lead. Time since Tag Added An increment of time since a select Tag gets added on the lead. Time since assignment An increment of time since the assignment was updated on the lead. Web Lead assigned to user A trigger to run immediately as a lead is assigned. For example, an email being sent as soon as a lead is assigned to a user. Web Lead needs assigned to user A trigger to run immediately as a lead enters the system. For example, an email is sent as quick as possible.
- Actions are events that workflow is actually doing for you. Below are the available actions:
Schedule appointment Creates appointments on the schedule for follow up phone calls, task reminders, etc. Send Email Automatically sends an email from the created templates. Adjust Contract Date Workflow moves contract date from one day, up to months, after the contract date passed. Commonly used for the x-date, renewal date, or follow up date. Schedule appointment Creates appointments on the schedule for follow up phone calls, task reminders, etc. Send Email Automatically sends an email from the created templates. Move to Folder Moves the lead to a predetermined folder. Post lead to URL Sends lead information to specified URL. This is commonly used for third party integrations. Requote with First Impressions This action will send lead information to First Impressions to requote the client. Requote with Typhoon This action will requote the client through Typhoon. Lightspeed hot lead dial Allows incoming hot lead dials to transfer to a group of extensions known as a Queue or "Ring Group" Assign lead with an auto-assign group Can change the Assigned User of the lead when triggered. Update lead with Quick Action Can update Lead Log by adding a History Note, Changing Milestone/Status, Adding a tag, or setting a future appointment.
- Read the below guidelines to make sure you are meeting our best practices.
- Submit a ticket with your new Workflow request by clicking the button below. Your request will be reviewed and processed within 48 hours.
Prior to submitting a request, review the following Workflow guidelines:
- Are there days your business is closed that you do not want workflow to run on? i.e. weekends or holidays? Include the requirement of "business days only" in your triggers, and let us know which days are non-business days for you, and which holidays you do not want workflow to run on.
- Any Workflows that send emails must be filtered for only contacts who have opted in to receive your emails.
- All email templates used for Workflow must be unique.
- No more than 20 actions can be added to one Workflow. Generally at that point the contact would move to a different Workflow, or should fall out of Workflow if they were never reached and are not interested.
- One Workflow cannot run for more than 100 days (excluding a contract date Workflow that renews). Permissions will go stale by that point, unless the contact had previously asked to remain on your follow up list.
- Emails must be spaced out appropriately, based on the type of contact.
- All guidelines and requests are subject to approval.
Please sign in to leave a comment.