Tags are an additional way to group contacts based on any criteria. Contacts can have an unlimited amount of Tags, allowing them to be in several groups at once.
Tags are used for:
- Narrowing down leads or customers by something specific, such as "Monoline Policy" to be used for cross selling.
- Temporary purposes, such as contacts who are currently eligible for a discount.
- Documenting important benchmarks, such as "Received Paperwork"
- Saving a specific group of filtered contacts, to save time filtering again next time.
- Navigate to Administration > Tags
- Click +Add New Tag
- Create a name for the Tag, choose a color, and click Save.
Note: The "Show in Add Tag Dropdown" allows users to use this tag.
There are two ways to add tags to contacts
- In the Lead. An +Add New Tag dropdown is located at the top. Selecting a Tag from the dropdown will add the Tag.
- On a list, click one or more check boxes to the left of the contact names. Above the list in the dark blue bar, select a Tag from the Add Tag dropdown. The Tag will be added to all checked contacts.
To remove a Tag, open the Lead Log and click the X on the tag.