View full article
How do I send an individual email?
How do I send an email blast?
How do I create an email template?
How do I know that an email has been opened, or a link has been clicked?
How do I insert a link into an email or email template?
How do I insert an image into an email signature, email, or email template?
What is Blitz's email usage policy?
How do I add more emails to my account?
Why can't I delete an email template?
- Make sure you have an email address listed in the "My Preferences" section. This is where your email is sent from. Make sure it is a domain email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org. It can not be a @gmail, @yahoo, or @aol email address.
- Click on a lead's name to open the lead log. You can find leads in the Leads tab, Dashboard, the Schedule tab, and by using the Search.
- In the Email tab, select a template if necessary. If you do not need a template, you can type your email in the large text box below.
- If there is an email address in the Details tab, it will populate in the "To" field automatically. If there is not an email address listed, or if you wish to email a different address, type it in the "To" field.
- If you would like this to be an appointment invite, click the checkbox and fill out the available fields. This will send a calendar attachment to the recipient so they can accept or deny the invite. It will also add an appointment to your Blitz schedule for the appointment time.
- If you would like to attach a file, click the "Add Attachments" link. Blitz can send files up to 2 MB.
- Review your email, and click Send.
- Review Blitz's opt-in email policy to ensure your folder meets the requirements. Click here to review the policy.
- Go to Administration > Target Email.
- Select the Folder you would like to email.
- Choose either Status or Milestone filters. Multiple Status or Milestone filters can be selected for a wider audience.
- Choose an email template. If you do not choose a template, you can fill out the subject and body of the email below.
- If you would like a copy of the email to be saved in the Lead Log, keep "Save a History Entry for Each Email Sent" checked.
- Choose a from address. Any replies will be sent to this address.
- Enter your company's address for SPAM compliance (this is required by all email service providers).
- Click the three checkboxes at the bottom to agree that you have read Blitz's email policy and the recipients and the content of the email meet this policy.
- Click Send.
There are two ways you can track which emails a contact has opened and if any links were clicked in the email.
Option 1: By viewing history notes
Click on a contact's name to open the lead log, and scroll down in the "History" tab. If an email has been opened, you'll see an envelope icon next to the time/date stamp. If a link has been clicked from the email, you'll see an arrow icon. By clicking on either icon, you'll see a popup that displays each time/date the email was opened or a link was clicked.
Option 2: By viewing the lead's email deliverability report
To view the report, click on a contact's name to open the lead log, and in the "History" tab, click the charts to open the Engagement section.
In the Engagement section, click "View Email Report."
The Email Report will open up, displaying all email statistics for this particular lead within the chosen date range. If you click a statistic, a list will open below with the details of each email within that statistic. The list can be exported.
There are two options to add a link:
Option 1: You've already typed the text you'd like to be linked:
Highlight the text or click on the image that you would like to be linked, then click the link icon and paste the entire URL (web address). Click ok.
Option 2: You have not typed the text you'd like to be linked:
Place your cursor in the template/signature where you would like the link to be shown, click the link icon, and paste the entire URL (web address). Click ok.
In order for an image to display on Blitz, it will need to be hosted online. Images will not display properly in emails or e-signatures if they are copied and pasted.
- Find your images
Find the images you would like to use and save them to your computer. For best results, use a photo editing software to resize the image appropriately. (Here’s a Photoshop tutorial) If the images are too large, the recipients may not be able to load them.
**NOTE: If your image is already hosted online, you can skip this step.
- Host the images & copy the image URL
In order to add an image to Blitz, it must be hosted online. This simply means that there is a URL that will display the image in a web browser. If you already have the URL, copy it and move to step 3. If not, below are instructions on hosting the image and/or retrieving the URL:
- Hosting the image:
The easiest way is to use a photo sharing website.
- (Here are a couple examples: tinypic,Photobucket,Flickr,postimage.) Once the photo is hosted, you will be given a URL that can be copied. Once you copy the URL, you can move on to step 3.
- For images already on a website:
Right click on the image. Depending on your browser, click either “Copy Link Address,” “Copy Image Location,” or “Properties.” For the first two, the URL is copied and you can move on to step 3. If you clicked “Properties,” highlight and copy the Address (URL) on the Properties popup screen.
- Hosting the image:
- Add the images to Blitz
Images can be added to email templates, your email signature, and manually typed emails. In Blitz, click the “Add Image” icon.
Paste the copied URL from step 2 into the “Choose Image” field.
You are also able to adjust the width & height, however, we do recommend that you resize the image prior to hosting it. This will save on image loading time for the recipient.
- If you want to link a URL to the image
Select the image so it is highlighted blue and click the Add Link icon. Paste the URL in the box. Save
Generally, this is because the template is attached to a Workflow.