Any contacts from a spreadsheet can be imported into Blitz. Common examples include purchased lists of leads, contacts exported from another system, or an internally created spreadsheet.
*Note that you must be listed as an account Admin in order to import a spreadsheet of contacts. If you do not have the Administration tab on your account, please contact your supervisor.
Instructions on importing:
- Make sure the spreadsheet is a .CSV (Comma Delimited) format. If it's not, open the spreadsheet in Excel and save it as a .CSV (Comma Delimited).
- In Blitz, make sure you have a source set up in Administration > Lead Sources (Under the "Segmentation Settings" header.)
- Navigate to Administration > Spreadsheet (Under the "Import Leads" header.)
- **Do not go to the Files tab to import your spreadsheet.
- Click "Select" to browse for your .CSV file, then click "Upload."
- Choose whether you would like to import leads into an existing Folder or a new folder. It is recommended that you import leads into a new Folder.
- Map the fields into Blitz. The blue boxes on the left are the column headers from your spreadsheet. The white boxes on the right are the columns in Blitz. To map the fields, click on the blue boxes, and drag and drop them into the corresponding white boxes. For example, "Address" can be dragged to the "Lead Address 1" box. Anything can be dragged to the custom fields.
Additional tips and information:
- If first and last name are separated on your spreadsheet, both can be dragged to "Lead Name."
- There is duplicate checking with spreadsheet importing.
- Select the lead source you created in step 2 from the dropdown under name.
- An unlimited amount of information can be dragged into the "History Note" box. This information will be displayed as a history note on the lead log.
- If you are importing into a new folder, the custom fields will be renamed automatically to the column header from the spreadsheet.
- Getting an error? Click here for troubleshooting steps.