Now that you have a list of lead sources, it's important to define your sales process and how your businesses follow up activities will work. Below are a few questions to ask yourself before getting started:
- What are the steps in my sales process?
- This could be as simple as Contacted, Quoted, then Sold. This information will come in handy later when we define Statuses and Milestones in Blitz.
- How does my sales process differ for each lead source?
- For example, you may have a more aggressive follow-up plan for web leads vs. a requote or cold calling list. If you have the Workflow feature, you are able to automate these processes.
- What methods of contact will I be using to reach out to leads, and how often?
- This is generally a combination of phone calls and emails and differs for each lead source.
- Who will be working the leads?
- Will a new lead be assigned to someone right away, or will available sales reps take new leads first come first serve?
- Will the lead be passed to a different person at any point in the process (for example, from a telemarketer to an agent?)