How do I set up Blitz to receive new web leads from my lead provider or quoting vendor?
Where do I find my Blitz API information?
Once leads are coming into Blitz, where can I find them?
Why is there a delay when I'm getting leads from my quoting system?
How do I get previously purchased leads into Blitz?
Why are my web leads not coming into Blitz?
Why am I receiving duplicate web leads?
Why is only some of the lead's contact information populating?
How do I add my lead provider as an option in Web Lead Setup?
Administrators can access this information by going to Administration > Web Lead Providers. At the very top of this page your API information will be in a box containing that specific information.
You can also find it by hovering over your name at the top right side and clicking "My Preferences." There is an Web Lead/API Settings Area at the bottom Right.
There are several ways you can find your new web leads:
- If you are assigned a new lead, you will receive an email notification with a link to the lead. If you have popups enabled, the popup will also contain a link.
- If you are assigned a new lead, it will be on your schedule at the time the lead was added to Blitz. Click the Schedule tab on the main menu. Any yellow appointment that says "Contact the new lead" is a new web lead.
- You can access new leads by going to Leads > Dashboard. At the very top it will show you new leads if they are assigned to you. If you wanted to see them for your entire account simply click the drop down on the top right of the Dashboard page and select Account Overview.
- When you enabled the web lead provider in your account, a folder was automatically added to include the Custom Column Headings for the information lead providers will be or could be sending. All the leads can be found in that folder. Navigate to Leads > Leads by Folder > and find the web lead provider name.
- If your leads are not being assigned, and you have Shark Tank enabled (click here for information), you can find new leads by going to Leads > Shark Tank.
- If your leads are not being assigned, and you have new lead notifications turned on, you will receive an email notification with a link to the lead. To turn on notifications about all new web leads, select this option in My Preferences in the "Auto-Assignment and New Lead Email Notification Settings" section. You can access My preferences by hovering over your name at the top right side of any Blitz page.
- If you know the lead's name, search for it in the Quick Search box on the top right of every page.
- You can view all leads by going to Leads > All Leads by Folder.
There are two different ways to configure web leads: 1) directly from the provider, and 2) from your quoting vendor.
If leads are delivered from your quoting vendor to Blitz, there is a delay because the quote is being processed. This delay should be no more than 10 minutes (if it's longer, contact your quoting provider).
If this delay is an issue, we recommend setting up leads to come directly from the provider instead of from the quoting vendor. Click here for more information on setting up web leads.
- Ask your lead provider if they can resend the leads to Blitz. Some providers can do this for recently purchased leads.
- If they cannot resend the leads, ask if you can get an export. This export can then be imported to Blitz.
- If these are not options, and you have quoted the leads, most quoting systems allow you to export. Once you have an exported list, this can be imported into Blitz.
- Did you set up Blitz to receive web leads? Click here for setup instructions.
- Did you send your API information to the lead provider or quoting vendor that will be delivering leads to Blitz? Click here for more information.
- Are you sure the leads didn't come in? Sometimes leads may be coming in, but weren't assigned so nobody was notified (click here for information on auto assigning leads). To check if the leads are in Blitz, either do a Quick Search if you know a lead's name, or go to Leads > All leads by Folder and select the folder for your provider.
- If all above are true, contact your lead provider to determine if there were any delivery issues. You can also feel free to dial Blitz into the call if there are any problems determining the issue, or click below to submit a ticket.
- View both leads. Did one come from a quoting vendor, and one come directly from the provider? This can generally be determined by looking at the folder or lead source. If this is the case, the integration should be turned off for one of the sources. To do this, contact the provider or quoter and instruct them to discontinue sending leads to Blitz. Then, to turn off the integration in Blitz, go to Administration > Web Lead Provider, click configure next to the provider or quoter, and uncheck all lead types. Click Save.
- If the leads came from the same source, determine if the leads are the same type (i.e. Auto, Home, etc.)
If they are the same type, and are exact duplicates, contact your lead provider to determine why duplicate leads are being sent to Blitz. Blitz does not create duplicate leads.
If they are different types, but the same contact information, this is simply how some providers send one lead that has requested two different products or services. In this case, you may wish to turn off the auto assign group for one of the types. For example, if you always receive auto leads, but sometimes there is a home lead attached, you will want to turn off the auto assign group for home. This way the same lead is not assigned to two separate people, and the person who received the auto lead will see there is a duplicate and assign the other lead to themselves as well, or decide to merge the duplicates. Click here for information on Auto Assign Groups.
Blitz only receives the information that is sent to us. If there is missing information, it was not sent to us. If this is the case, contact your lead provider to determine why the information was not sent.
Blitz is always happy to add more lead providers to our list of partners. Click below to submit a ticket, and please include the company name, a contact name at the company, and their contact information (preferably email and phone).